First, I gave you misinformation on my address. You probably figured it out, but the zip is actually 32828. My fault!
In answer to your questions:
How are you?
- Fine
Have you had a good week?
- Yes
We didn't have any lessons with investigators, but we were able to visit several of the members and share a lesson about the atonement. It was really fun because we had a simple outline of what to teach of the atonement, but each household we shared a message in had a different focus of how the atonement blesses our lives. It was amazing!
Are things going well?
- Yes
What’s happening with the ASL work?
A great bucket full of tender mercies came to the ASL program yesterday! The yearly ASL activities calendar was approved by the stake and sent to all the wards. It looks like a great year of activities! Also, the ASL class will FINALLY start this Wednesday!! We've been waiting it for almost a year now, but it's wonderful to have it started. I will be assisting when needed for the next few weeks.
I will be attending the Oviedo ward just to help interpret Sacrament Meeting, which is so hard to do because I'd love to stay for Sunday School as well - but time won't allow it. It's not too bad on travel because the Oviedo chapel is only 10 min. away from the Dean chapel (where we meet for Waterford Lakes Ward).
There is a bit of confusion about who will teach our recent convert the new member lessons. It should go to home teachers, but with so few knowing how to sign and distance and scheduling, it'll be hard. Also, the Oviedo Sisters think it would be good for them to do it since he goes to the Oviedo ward. So, in all, I just said that if they need my help, I will be available for them. We will see what happens.
The English work?
Well, in Waterford Lakes, it is considered one of the wealthiest areas. I say it's the second wealthiest, right after Windermere. So we have a lot of gated communities, and people who just want privacy. Thus, tracting results in low contacting numbers and our teaching pool is very, very small. The focus is to practice teach with members and to support them in talking with friends and sharing the gospel with them. We will see what we can do to further progress this area. It is a hard area, but I see the potential, and it is great!
We had an amazing Sunday with member missionary work! I bore my testimony in Sacrament meeting, we gave a short explanation of mormon.org in the combined third hour lesson, bore testimony of the Book of Mormon in Primary, participated in ward council to create a 2011 Ward Mission Plan, and received a "Father's" blessing from the Bishop to help guide us in the work here. Also, I did really good learning names of members :-D
The companionship?